> Nothing really surprising. Majic tied with Sunny for 1st.
> KHPT and KIOL up a bit. KRTX and KYOK make rare
> appearances. KBME still sinking.
The ratings do raise a few questions. But not many.
1) Univision what the hell are you doing or not doing and you can't blame Liberman he is doing no better? Four months ago Univision had four in the Top Ten, now it is two with numbers three and four in 19th and 20th place.
2) How has KODA managed to stay in 1st place this long? That many more Medical offices open up in the Med Ctr?
3) Will KRBE be #5 until the new owners think they know better and muck it up?
4) Hate them or not Clear Channel knew what they were doing when they flipped KLOL to MEGA.
5) How can Cox do so little and stay in the ratings? KHPT actually went up!
6) KIOL actually did rotten in the ratings, but did very well for a station that no one could listen to most of the time.
7) Radio One when are going to give up KROI for dead? You've hit your peak and a one isn't what made R O a great company. For God sakes change the format.
It was nice to see KRTX 980 with Tejano make the ratings for the second time in about four months.
9) Clear Channel better have something really big for KBME, I thought that CC would give Infinity some decent competition in the all Sports challange. Is KBME ready for Air America already?
10) How did KYOK from Conroe make the ratings? The station sends 15,000 watts due east of Conroe and nothing towards the city, did an unusually large amount of livestock have diaries this round? I'm glad the station made the ratings, I don't believe I have seen KYOK in the ratings since it was in Houston on 1590 and an Urban Rocker. Now it is Urban Gospel on 1140 daytime only. Nice to know that the livestock of East Texas and West Louisiana are of the religious orientation and not out raising hell in the fields.
Now if we can go through a couple of months where there is not an abudance of tropo that render KFNC and KIOL useless, the ratings could be very interesting. If the tropo continues the way it has been, KFNC doesn't stand a chance and KIOL won't fare any better than where they are now.