bringing "Peach" or Any "Lite" Station would be great I miss Peach...
Somebody's cybersquatting on lite1053.com, WHOIS doesn't say who...
1. Cybersquatters got a hold of a URL when it was announced that 106.7 was going oldies. Citadel had to go with a longer URL as a result. This is common.
2. If CC launches another AC, it will not be "Lite". They rebranded WLTW/New York simply under "106.7". I also doubt "Peach", unless they go classic hits (like 96.5/102.5 in Macon). "Peach" conjures up memories of elevator music for many (and the pharmacutical industry is dead set against competiton for sleep aids), and any competitor would have to go against upbeat B98.5.
3. The Hispanic population has dramatically decreased since the economy went bad. I don't see as many Hispanics on the streets of North Cobb County anymore (although I don't go to South Cobb often, I have not seen as many when I do venture down there). That also is a factor.
4. Most Hispanics in Atlanta are Mexican. Viva targets younger audiences, but it didn't seem like they were listening. Most younger Mexicans I have encountered spoke perfect English, and most likely were listening to 95.5 The Beat or Q100. El Patron, La Raza, and the smaller AM's targeted the Mexican audiences. WAZX went under due to the FM competition.
5. The Hispanic population lives mostly in the Northern part of the Metro (extending all the way to the Tennessee line). Manufacturing was a big employer of Hispanics in Dalton, and poultry the same in Gainesville. There was a sizeable Hispanic population in Ellijay as well. This is why Davis bought WNSY 100.1 and WCHK, and paired it with WLKQ. 105.3 comes from Newnan to the south and west. While the signal is good in Cobb County, it is poorer in Gwinnett and Hall, and Pickens and the other areas I am mentioning. OTOH, the 105.7 signal out of Woodstock/Northeast Cobb targets all of these areas perfectly.
So...with all of this in mind...it seems to me the Mexican format of El Patron needs to be on 105.7. If this happens, there are three good options for 105.3
2. The Legend moves to 105.3 from 96.7 (96.7 would simulcast 105.7, which it has done twice before).
3. AC (no "Lite"...no "Peach").
CHR and Urban are overdone here...so I don't see those as options. But remember...Clear Channel has the decision making capability and intellegence of a small farm animal. Whatever happens will ultimately be a surprise...and given their track record, a failure.