the print papers are not useless.just some that keep cutting back instead of making them more interesting to compete with other media.
I realize we were somewhat tongue-in-cheek but I have the following observations about my local daily:
1. The news is late by at least one day and frequently up to several days. All depends on the amount of space they've allocated to each page.
2. The paper is nasty getting newsprint all over fabric, hands and everything you touch.
3. Major sections of the paper are useless to me (lifestyle, finance (I have people), obits, comics (such as they are), classifieds and most features). I just want news.....not all the other BS.
4. The news is cluttered with ads. Frequently the page is filled with ads and only one small news story.
5. If I'm not home the newspaper sitting in the driveway is an open ad that nobody is home.
6. I have to trek it out to the recycle can after I'm done reading it.
7. Somewhere, I killed a tree.
Two things I don't like about mine since Gannett took it over as they did others: it's wafer-thin on weekdays and Saturdays, and most of the sports section is very inane AP stories; no real writing to speak of.